Holsters for your Caracal - What are you Using?

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by Predecessor, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

So I think a great holster to start out with for concealed carry on a Caracal is the Remora 10 RFT (for Caracal C) or 11 RFT (for Caracal F) -- I like the reinforced top and it's easy to deploy because there is no clip to worry about. Surprising how snug it fits and how easy it is to draw and reholster. It's also made in the USA and very affordable!

Also, the primary distributor for Caracals here in the US suggest the following as holster options:

Don Hume -- JIT Slide #41

Blackhawk -- #BH-410043BK-R-Serpa CQC

How 'bout the rest of you Caracal owners? What are you carrying your handguns in?

2. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Holsters, initial impressions.

I found that the Caracal F fits (though not as snug) in my Gould & Goodrich leather holsters intended for use with the full sized H&K USP-9 F. The Uncle Mike's inside the pants cloth holsters work well and the guns fits the Size 6 with full trigger coverage but with a little less material covering the back part of the slide. This is fine if you are used to the Blackhawk cloth inside the pants holsters. If you want it covered (to not rub on your skin, the Uncle Mike's size 5 works great. I'll be testing this out tomorrow.

3. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I used the Uncle Mike's inside the waistband size 5 (product 8905-1 for RH carry) for a brief time today.

4. Aftermath

Aftermath New Member

I am interested in the "ghost" holster I've seen listed for the Caracal. I'm sure it won't be imported though. I've submitted a request to RRCS for an inside the pants holster. RRCS makes them out of kydex (not everyone's cup of tea) and they are surprisingly comfortable. If he doesn't have one I just need to get my pistol to him to make a mold. We'll see how that goes.

5. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Yeah, that Ghost International holster is intriguing. CZ Custom shop imports these holsters for a handful of other pistols already. It's possible they can bring in some for the Caracal pistol - I'm heading down to Mesa for a few days in November - I'll stop by and handle the holster in person (try it out with my CZ 75 Stainless LE). In the mean-time, I'll check in with the Italians and with CZ Custom before then to see how interested they are on importing them and post when I find anything new.

6. KevlarSix

KevlarSix New Member

I have contacted Blue Guns and they told me that they had made a limited run some Caracal F molds and will be available as a special order for a limited time.

[​IMG]

They only have molds for the Caracal F and none for the Caracal C

I'm contemplating on getting one and have a holster made as I don't want to leave my real one at the leathersmith as it sure is difficult finding a holster for my Caracal C/Viridian C5L combo.

7. tntlehi

tntlehi New Member

I have a small Bianchi, same size that fits my Walther P99AS. Uncle Mikes size 15 works good also. I'm such a big spender when comes to holsters.

8. KevlarSix

KevlarSix New Member

Locally made holster for Glock made to fit the Caracal Pistol

[​IMG]

My custom made holster from the same holster maker

[​IMG]

9. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

+1 for the Remora. Here's one that I ordered for my Kahr P9 Covert. It fits just right.
    [​IMG]

And Blade-Tech makes a good holster for it, as well. But don't order their mag pouches, unless you can thoroughly re-work the kydex! I don't know what they're using for moulds, but even with the adjusting screws removed, they were still too tight to remove the mags without two hands. Not too tight side-to-side, but too tight front-to-back! Not a good thing. EDIT: Blade-Tech apparently sent the wrong mag pouches, initially. I returned them to me and they were replace with ones that fit. And they work great. Good for them.
    [​IMG]

10. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I'm trying out using the Utah brand SpringTac for mine right now. I'll add photos if it works out ok.

11. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Im using a Serpa and i like it. As it was made for the F, it need to be workedntofit the C. But it is good for me.
    I tryed the gost but i dontnlike theyr push button to unlock the gun.
    The good thing aboutnthe ghost, is they worked they holster so it now fit caracal and glock 19 in the same holster.

Guys, as i live in italy , and i live 20 minute far from ghost int. Factory, for those want to have the holster i can have it here and then ship it to thebusa

12. Coriano

Coriano New Member

Dear friends, I salute you from Venezuela.

Here so far not achieved any Caracal fitting.
    I have a pistol Caracal Model C QS and I'm happy with its performance.
    I use a Fobus holster BRS STORM model and if unscrewing the screw a bit works pretty well.
    Let me share with you the photo for analysis as an option.
    Excuse my English is not very good, but my intention is to bring in the Forum.

Greetings.

13. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Coriano - welcome to the forum!

Thanks for showing us a new option for a holster and congrats on your Caracal C QS acquisition!

14. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I've posted these in other threads but since this is a Caracal holster thread I'll put them here too.

Carrying my Caracal C and F in kydex holsters that I make and sell.

Here's my C in a Urban Digital Camo holster, wore it all day today working in my buddies gun store.

[​IMG]

And my F in a clear "kydex" holster:

[​IMG]

15. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

holsters made for a glock 21 hold my caracal c qs well

16. Coriano

Coriano New Member

17. boylit

boylit New Member

i'm using the Amadini Ghost Civilian with interchangeable belt and paddle attachments...

[​IMG]

i'm planning to get a Ghost III modular system when it become available here...

18. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Great picture. :mrgreen:

19. boylit

boylit New Member

had a custom alloy speed holster made...

[​IMG]