Hollow points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Series80, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Series80

Series80 New Member

After testing about 15 different brands at different posititions on an outdoor range 50 rounds a piece , the Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +p fired flawless for me it didnt matter where I shot its groups were incredible , Hornadys 125 gr Steel Match HTP came in a close second , the 147gr Fiocchi xtp was excellent as well (the only 115 gr that worked was the fiocchi) , pretty much for me the 124 gr and aboves worked nice , I mainly use the .40's and the higher grain critical defense is my main round! * I tried a 115gr critical defense and I just dont know what happened it didnt do well , maybe the lighter rounds arent as good I dont know , but firing a 147 grn ball (herters) from over 50 yards ,it still was dead on (and I cant really see that good anyway)

I have dot over dot sights , never fired with them , and I like them better than 3 dot , just easier to shoot for me!

2. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

that's been my choice as well.

3. Grey Beard

Grey Beard New Member

Now you should test Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot for comparison.

4. Series80

Series80 New Member

Will do , Gold dot was already on the list , what struck me odd was the fact in my Glock 22 I only use Gold Dot or Critical Defense , niether did as well with the caracal! But I didnt test the Federal I will though , just to be clear all of the HP i tested did outstanding!Just some did a hair better!