HK45c in tan colored frame group buy

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by HKmanlp1, Jul 20, 2012.

1. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

THIS GROUP BUY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. 300 PISTOLS WERE SOLD!

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that we are conducting a group buy for a limited color HK45c pistol. It will have a desert tan frame, come with 3 mags, and mepro night sights. Price is $849 + ffl fee. HK USA has already agreed to make a maximum order of 500 units. About 350ish of them are spoken for. Payment is due on October 1st. And the pistols will ship sometime later. Log onto HKpro forums and search for thread "HK45c in tan group buy. All the up to date details and pics are listed on the first page of the thread. This normal package run about $1100 normally, and this is a great deal by HK standards. Not to mention it will be a rare pistol. I think I am going to buy 2 of em. Good luck if interested. God I still love my Caracals though.;). Hope to see some new members on the HK forum. I am on there about 2 hrs a day while at work. I know its pretty pathetic. But i have a serious addiction. This is pretty much what the pistol will look like. It will have a small HKPRO engraving in the same gold lettering as the serial # and proof marks as on the slide.

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Yeah I got on the list when it first came up,looks like a great deal.I do need another HK :D

3. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

You picked a great HK to add to the collection:)

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I've brought in a few of the HK45C's for customers. I've never shot one though preferring the ergos of the full size HK45. Remind me what the capacity of the HK45C is again? I love rare guns but I just don't know if I'd ever shoot this pistol much. HKmanlp1 and other H&K, tell me what you like about this pistol...

5. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

I'm neither of the gentlemen you asked, but since I own both the HK45 and HK45C I'll put my two cents in. The HK45C has an 8 round magazine. Same magazine as used in the HK USP Compact so they are easier to find and there is a flat bottom magazine pad to make both pistols more concealable. Of the two HK45s' I too prefer the feel of the full size HK45. The HK45C grip feels a little to short in my hands.

6. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

the HK45c is a great pistol,.particularly for ccw. The recoil absorption system on it is pretty effective and it has better options than the USP series. Ie, picatinny rail, forward cocking serrations, night sites, and adjustable backstraps. The grip is the only area where I feel the pistol needs help. I just apply a little grip tape and it works for me. Bottom line, this is a great deal and if you were ever on the fence about getting one act fast. This pic above is the actual prototype that Vickers and Hackathorne developed for HK during the consultation process. HK never ended up making this color until now with this groupbuy. Which is now down to about 100 pistols remaining. HK customer service just released that they will be releasing the HK45 fullsize in od, FDE, and standard black with threaded barrels and night sites. Release is between December 12 and April 13. 1000 od units, 1000 FDE units, and 2000 of the standard black will be made. I will give my left hand for one of the od green HK45's. There has no further talk of HK making any more colored frames in the HK45c. So this group buy pistol could be a real rare one.

7. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Not sure if anyone here was at all interested in this group buy, but deadline to register and pay is Oct 1st. Not sure how many pistols are left if any.

8. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Well I don't get on this site any more, but a few of the folks on here asked me to post final pictures of this limited gun. Only 296 were made. And HK announced that this FDE color will never be made again. They are only doing tan which is a real light Brown and OD green going forward. So folks should have got these because they are gonna be super rare.
    [​IMG]

9. okie67

okie67 Member

Thats sweet! Yeah I was on that group buy list but had to put my funds else where.You got a great HK45c,have fun shooting it. :D