HK USP compact 40 stainless

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by HKmanlp1, Aug 26, 2012.

1. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Just got this beautiful HK with 5 mags for a NIB G17 gen4. Sometimes trading guns is like fishing with dynamite.;)

[​IMG]

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Thats very nice! I always liked the stainless HKs :D

3. Firewire

Firewire New Member

I second that! I never understood why they stopped selling them.

4. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

Very nice.

...a crazy thing happened to me this weekend. No s#@t, there I was shooting my USP9c when I had a malfunction. Not just any malfunction---the slide was stuck to the rear. Upon further inspection, the firing pin was missing! :eek:

It turns out my firing pin actually snapped in half and shot out the rear of the slide (some how it didn't impale itself into my face; thank God).

[​IMG]

The guys over at HKpro told me there was a run of USPs that had this problem, unbeknownst to me. The reason I'm relaying this story is so that you check with H&K to ensure yours isn't one of them....

[​IMG]

5. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Yeah I saw you joined the HK pro forums. There is a wealth of HK knowledge there. Never heard of that in my life. Judging by the date code on your usp compact it was made in 1996. Add on it was a used gun and that's a lot of time for something to break down. But HK will make it right for you. I sent my P7 to them last month for some work and they had it back to me in 36 hrs. I do no they did an update tp the usp series firing pins and hammers in 2004 I think. Once its up and running your gonna love it.