Has anyone modified thier slide stop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plouffedaddy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

I'm one of those guys that occasionally hits my slide stop with my thumbs causing the slide not to lock back on the last round... I was thinking about modifying it (i.e. grinding it down so it only rides on top of the little plastic hump. I'd leave enough for emergency manipulation for clearing malfunctions but I generally use the 'slingshot' method of reloading so I'm not to concerned about using it in competitions or things like that.

Thoughts?

2. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I have not yet, but plan to later this week. Like you I always go over the top and have tried to change my grip with little success. I have the same problem with Glocks and this modification worked perfectly for me on them. If I can run the gun and still use the slide stop lever administratively I'm a happy camper.
    To have to use a different grip on my carry gun, my 1911s, and this Caracal makes no sense to me. High-Ho Thumbs! :D

3. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

:roll: Wow took me longer than I thought to get to it but it's done. I took it off about even with the receiver bulge. I come over the top so it should be fine for me as I can still administratively use it , and it functionsfine on the mags. Going out tommorow or Monday and put a couple of hundred rounds through it and will report back. :cool:

4. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Just put 155 rds thru my F with the trimmed slide stop.Repeated tests with 7 magazines loaded randomly with 3,4,5,6,+ 7 rounds, major improvement for me with only 2 failures to lock back due to my strong hand thumb. I am going to trim a little more and be done.