GOT RID OF MY CARACAL C!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HKmanlp1, Oct 6, 2012.

1. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Well this is probably a first on this forum but I dumped my C model. Just didn't like it. It was reliable and all. But I really prefer the way the F model fits me. I traded it straight up for a Ruger SP101 2" .357 with crimson trace grips. The Ruger was LNIB. I think I will get a backup F model soon. The Ruger will be my wife's new nightstand gun. Was it a good trade or did I get snookered. I only paid $400 for the C model.

2. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Sounds like a worthwhile trade to me, if you're happy. Only you know what works for you! :cool:

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Sounds like you got a good trade,those Ruger SP101s are nice pistols.

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I think it was a good trade - especially with the addition of the more expensive CTG. It would have been a GREAT trade if your SP01 was chambered in 9MM Para :cool:

Caracal C is definitely on the smaller end of the mid-size class. So large hands will more often than not prefer the F model.

5. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

correct

6. reddirt

reddirt New Member

Sounds like you got a good deal, I just sold a SP101 with no Crimson Trace for $400. I almost bought an F to go with my two Cs but holding out for a QS.

7. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Well I'm glad, I thought it was a good trade, but revolvers are not my specialty.

8. reddirt

reddirt New Member

That is an inverse coincidence, I sold my SP101 at a gun show and almost walked away with an F to compliment my two Cs. I'd ideally like to find a QS F so I held off. Also just like everyone else awaiting the SC.

-dave