First range trip with my Caracal F

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ian's dad, May 24, 2012.

1. ian's dad

ian's dad New Member

Just got back from the range with the new Caracal F that arrived yesterday. I ran about 150 rounds through it using four different mags. My observations are below:

1) Ran flawlessly. I literally took it out of the box, made sure the bore was clear of obstruction and shot it... all mags worked great

2) very accurate

3) i had seen someone post this in a review, but it really does look very high quality and looks much better in person than in the pics i saw on the 'net

3) i like the sights more than i expected. love the serrated rear but will likely black out the white dot on the rear sight.. all my guns have solid black rear sights and i prefer that.. the single dot on the back was better to me than two on the back however

4) trigger is about perfect for what this gun is to be used for... great reset and clean break.

5) the shape of the grip is quite a bit different than other guns i've handled in the same category.. definately thinner than a glock and maybe thinner than m&p.. it does feel kinda "long" from front strap to back strap though... i have small hands and it fit very well. nice beavertail that helps me a lot

6) controls are about perfect for me.. the slide stop is in a great spot.. it is small, but easy to get to and works great.. mag release being ambi is great to me

7) the ONLY real negative i have to say is that my trigger finger got pinched to the point of a blister between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard.. i'm sure i'll sort this out as i get used to the gun, but haven't had that happen before..

i'm very pleased with my purchase...

2. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Thanks for the review. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with it.

3. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

nice report!

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Sounds like you had a great day at the range.Caracals pretty much run flawless grats on your model F. :D

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

If you like the F wait until you try a C, you will fall in love I guarantee it. :mrgreen: