F Range report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ace, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ace

ace New Member

I went out today to my dad's house in rural NC and shot some some silhouettes of a cardboard bad guy that I made. Shooting at approximately 30 feet and a few shots back at approximately 60 feet, which is my ultimate long term goal to hit realistically close groupings, I did pretty well, I'd say. Definitely positive improvement from the first shot to the last -- from about 40% of the first mag on the cardboard (anywhere on paper!) to 100% on the target within a 12"x12" area. I am relatively new to shooting sports so the gun is FAR more accurate than I am.

Put just about 250 rounds down range. Using Federal red box walmart variety and -- unfortunately by accident -- a full mag of PowRBall which was over a dollar a bullet! I have seven mags now so I had everything loaded up ready to go and forgot that I had the PowRBalls loaded in there. Anyway, though... at least I know they feed and fire completely fine!

No FTF, slide lock, walking-pin or any other problems that others have mentioned--KNOCK ON WOOD!

So far I have put about 500 rounds through my F in about 4 shooting sessions. Cleaned it once before this practice, and I'll clean it again later tonight or tomorrow before shooting again, using Rem oil, hoppes no.9, and an old t-shirt.

Proud Caracal owner, right here. :mrgreen:

2. Doc

Doc New Member

I feel you with the ammo gaffe... friends brought Winchester PDX-1, Supreme Elite, and Black Talon to try my Caracal out... had I known they were going to do that, I would have went out and bought something cheap and traded with them.

Otherwise, I'm glad you're enjoying the gun! Thanks for the report!

3. ace

ace New Member

But you now know that your caracal feeds and shoots those brands just fine and you didn't have to pay for it :lol:

4. Doc

Doc New Member

Absolutely! I had to keep reminding myself of this when we were shooting, just to keep from hearing "ka-ching" instead of "boom." :lol:

I usually prefer 147gr in my other pistols, so I will have to find a bunch to run through the Caracal to see how it likes them.

5. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

:lol: