Exploding Targets in Utah

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aftermath, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Aftermath

Aftermath New Member

Utah County BLM is not allowing exploding targets. I heard this came down from the Fire Marshall.

2. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Yep - it's true - and not just Utah county...it's year round in 7 counties now. Just got this in the mail a couple of days ago: [attachment=0:1zn7w29a]250 exploding target fine.jpg[/attachment:1zn7w29a]

I'd be interested in finding out how much of it is because of fires vs. how much of it is just from shooters blowing up tv's and refrigerators and whatnot and then leaving the trash on the land? In the same envelope I received a flyer and web site link to the following: http://www.respectedaccess.org/open-access/index.php?id=1

Personally, I get real sore when people leave their trash out on the land. It's fun to plink and blow up things - I get that. But I just don't understand the mentality of leaving a bunch of crap on the land after you are done.

3. Aftermath

Aftermath New Member

I know that some of the binary explosives, sold from the store I work at, used on the west side of the lake resulted in one of the recent fires.