Cold Steel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Predecessor, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Anybody else own any Cold Steel? Thoughts on the knives - good or bad?

Here's a few I recently picked up:

Outdoorsman
    [​IMG]

Leatherneck SF
    [​IMG]

R1 Military Classic
    [​IMG]

2. tntlehi

tntlehi New Member

Very attractive I may need to consider buying one of these.

3. 73sbVert

73sbVert New Member

Those are badass! :cool:

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Yeah - they are fun ;) I no longer have the Leatherneck, but am definitely hanging on to the two with the San Mai steel.

5. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Bummer. That's the one that I was going to stop by and look at. Oh well, one less distraction from buying a C.

6. Firewire

Firewire New Member

7. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Cold Steel makes great knives, not just great knives for the price. I own and carry a Ti-lite and so does my wife... I also own/have owned the Spike and SRK. The Ti-lite is a great tactical folder and has held up to 6 years of use and carry very well. Coldsteel sent me a new pocket clip and screws free of charge when I tried to order a replacement torx screw... They sent parts for both knives. :D Great products and service....

8. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Pictures please, Jaybee :p

9. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Ok, ok! :D Pics or it didn't happen!

Here's my EDC S&W 431pd with my Coldsteel Ti-Lite on top of a 21' target shot with my Caracal C QS.

The Ti-Lite is the quickest folding knife to deploy- period. It is not an automatic either. Check the link to see why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S7z25GNQA4

10. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Attaboy! Looks like it has an Emerson style hook on the back of the blade for fast opening. Is this right? Curious as to the weight of the Ti-Lite?

11. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Yes, the hook makes for very quick opening. It's light and perfectly balanced too. The zytel handle is nicely textured and grippy. No need to spend the big dollars for the smooth surface titanium handled model. If i remember correctly the zytel model is slightly lighter...

12. Doc

Doc New Member

Overall, I like their knives. I don't have any of their folders yet, but I do have five of their other products. I was lucky enough to get one of their Recon Tantos in Carbon V steel after they found a pallet of them hidden somewhere in the warehouse for about 70 bucks. I have a Mini Tac Kiridashi, a Safe Keeper III push knife, and Double Agent I (straight edge). They're all sharp, sturdy, and quite nice. The last one I own is a Bushman, but it's basically remained in the box. It's sharp, but I haven't really had any use for it yet.

I did buy one of their hatchets as a gift for my father, and it's a heck of a hatchet. Overall, the Recon Tanto is my by and far favorite.

13. jhb

jhb New Member

Yep...big knife user collector. Got the pocket bushman, recon1 clip point, large size voyager clip point, trail boss axe, and a tomahawk. Cold steel does a pretty good job for the price, imho. They do a great job on heat treat with aus8. Holds an edge well.

My faves are esee,spyderco, and boker.....plus anything chad los banos designs. This fellow understands how to design a knife for use.

14. codyaaron

codyaaron New Member

not only with the price but cold also with the knives and for me its durable