Caracal Straight 8 Sights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firewire, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Here is a pic of the straight 8 sights. You get the rear and front sight to make an 8.

[​IMG]

2. ace

ace New Member

I'm sure most people know this but I just wanted to post this here, in the post about straight eights, just in case people are looking for this specific information -- I highly suspected this after about 2 mags or so but didn't know this when I first received my F. I copied this graphic and quotes from a forum post elsewhere.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/41022- ... t-8-a.html

[​IMG]

"With the Heinie Staright 8 [sic], your sight picture should have the top dot on top of the bottom dot (the figure 8) and the top dot centered on where you want the bullet to go. If a bullseye target, the top dot would be aimed at the center of the target. It is different from the standard sighting method (6 o'clock hold) for regular sights."

"With straight 8's you don't use the standard sight picture. Picture on the left is how you line up to hit on target, right will be slightly low, and if you go with the standard alignment of putting the target on top of the front sight you'll be very low."