Caracal Recall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by okie67, Oct 19, 2012.

1. okie67

okie67 Member

2. Arizona Gunner

Arizona Gunner New Member

Actually, I'm glad to see this. I have been a little nervous since seeing apvbguy's post about his AD when he dropped his C on a concrete floor. Shouldn't have dropped it, of course, but things happen.

I really don't like the idea of that happening, and instead of always wondering if it could, what the heck... hopefully only a week or two without the pistol, and a free mag. It's well worth it! I am giving them a call Monday for the shipping box.

I just hope the fix doesn't screw up the trigger pull...

3. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

see what I started :roll:
    by being first I didn't get the free shipping deal, no free mag and I am still awaiting my replacement

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Well I would call them back up ,thats a bunch of crap! If everyone else gets free shipping and a mag you should as well.
    At least they are taking care of the problem quickly I will give them that much...

5. ace

ace New Member

Wow, this is nuts. Glad to see they are on top of it, though.

Guess I'll be calling on Monday!

6. DCB

DCB New Member

Mine will be going back as well....

Peace

7. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

here's some news, I just found out that I was not the first to have a dropped caracal gun discharge, another person in FLA had it happen about a week before I did. Now I am wondering how long has this been a known issue

8. cleveland

cleveland New Member

apvbguy, give them a call. I am sure they will make it right for you.

It's encouraging to see that not only have they taken the steps to fix the problem before anyone was injured, they are even covering shipping and sending out a free mag when they return the firearm.

A+ on customer service!

http://gunsandtactics.com/caracal-f-and ... all-notice

9. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Looks like I'll be calling Monday morning. Mine is LVxxx. :|

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Bummier. First firearm 46 years that has to go back for a recall. What are they changing? Giveing it a shorter striker? I do see mine sticks out the rear of the slide when racked. Hope there on rear game with turn around time. I find I shoot my C better than anything I have except my DW revolvers.

11. DCB

DCB New Member

hardluk1,
    The striker is supposed to stick out of the back a little...it lets you know the gun is cocked.

Peace

12. Arizona Gunner

Arizona Gunner New Member

This problem must have come up quite a while back for the company to have had time to develop a fix and make replacement parts.

At least, I hope they have replacement parts, and aren't just stockpiling the recalled pistols until they figure out what to do... Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I am also surprised this problem didn't surface during the German tests... Those folks are pretty thorough!

13. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Free magazine !!?? Oh Goody, I want "American Handgunner"! ;)
    Edited cause I caint spel wort carp.

14. jhb

jhb New Member

that's cause they are punishing you, for making them have to issue the recall.:) kidding, of course,....i imagine if you contact them they will make it right....at least i would hope so?

off topic....but this recall makes me think of something that always bothered me a bit.....in the manual it states something about slamming the magazine could cause the gun to self load? i always thought that was odd.....maybe i'm just to cautious?

15. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Funny how when you have a pistol that will self load with mag changes some thing its great. Match shooters of course. I tried mine seems to make me use the release. arggg.

16. jhb

jhb New Member

very good counter point. i carry my guns without a round chambered, always have always will. i also like to manually sling shot the slide. don't even like to use the slide release.....cause i'm a lefty shooter. just was taught that way.....to draw and chamber the round in one motion. aka isreali style with the 1911. being a southpaw shooter the slide release was of no use to me anyways. i know many frown on this practice of carrying unchambered, but i learned that way and it's stuck.

so having a gun possibly auto load doesn't appeal to me....it's outside of my practice......but for a combat pistol in combat or match shooters...yep i have to agree that would be an advantage without a doubt.

17. Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight New Member

They probably never dropped them during testing. lol

18. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I think this is pretty much every pistol in the US. :x

At least this will help the US Postal service stay afloat for a few more months :lol:

19. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

20. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

In 46 years of handguns I have only had one pistol that would release the slide with a new mag. Only one , a witness elit match and it would do so ever time. Good at ipsa matchs. I cc from a pair of Kahrs and sure wish they would. Hard heavy release with lots of slide tension.

jhb Florida boy !! I was born and raised in naples for 40 years. Empty chamber.wow. I have CC'd for 26 years, Never gona do that.