Caracal F: Shooting High?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stmcelroy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Took my Caracal F out again today, that's 4 range trips this month and continued to have problems with the gun shooting high. Been shooting S&B 115gr FMJ factory ammo.

At 12 yards I'm averaging 4" high from point of aim, normally this would be fairly easy to remedy with a new taller front sight but that's a no go for now.

Has anybody else noticed their gun shooting that high?

2. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

My F model is my newest. I got it out for a short time yesterday. I shot Blazer Aluminum, Tula and S&B. All 115 gr fmj's. At distances further than 12-15 yards my F shoots a little high. I'm not sure if it's 4", but I did notice that the S&B ammo shot the highest.

I know this probably doesn't help. But I really didn't have much time to really test out the POA vs POI yesterday. I will say that my C does not do this. And I can say that right now I'm more accurate with my C model. Both have the standard sights.

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

S&B is pretty hot, so that's probably part of it. Might grab some lower powered ammo or some 124-147gr stuff next trip.

I can't decide if I want a C or if I want to try out a M&P 9, FNS9 or XDM 9......

Decisions, decisions......

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Don't own an F at the moment, but the F models that I've tested and shot were right on in regards to sights.

Of my 2 C's the QS version tracks slightly higher than the SS. I'll try a couple of friend's QS C's out in the coming weeks to see if that is common to the model or just unique to my own firearm.

Variety is the spice of life my friend so it will be fun to try whatever new pistol you decide on. For me, I'm most interested in testing out the FNS as the stock M&P and XD pistols, while serviceable, are otherwise unremarkable to me.

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I'm really interested in trying the FNS out, just don't want that dinky little safety getting in the way.

The M&P interests me a bit because of the ergonomics and the trigger is easy to work over. The XDM 5.25 is the one gun that I really want to try from SA, just not sure if I want to spend the money buying one to try it out.