Caracal F or C?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lantanatx, Sep 27, 2012.

1. lantanatx

lantanatx New Member

I am hoping to hear from susomeone that has shot both the C and F. I am about to order one and was leaning towards the F. I have a sub compact 9MM for carry. I want a Caracal for home, car, and range. I figured the F might be more accurate and less recoil. Am I worng? However I don't have huge hands and thought the C may fit my hands better. A comparison of the two would be helpful to make up my mind. Thank you.

2. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Hi lantanatx, welcome to the forum!

First, I don't think you can go wrong with either pistol. The two pistols do hold and feel different in the hands, but the F is no lighter on recoil than the C in my opinion. It's really about purpose I would conclude. If you already have a mid-sized pistol that you use for carry, than a full-sized pistol might be a nice addition to the stable. But if you want to carry concealed, the C is definitely a better option for this purpose imo.

Let us know what you decide and how you like it!

3. lantanatx

lantanatx New Member

Thank you for the response. I was about to order the F but after a little more research. the C might be better for my. I don't currently have a compact. My other pistol is a SCCY CPX-2 sub C 10 shot. Before you laugh at the CPX. mine works great with no issues ever. They did have troubles with the early ones. Seems like they got it sorted out with the newer ones. The only thing I don't like is the 8lb long travel trigger. However it is a very smooth trigger. I am looking forward to owning the Caracal. Seem like a great price for a pistol that most owner prefer over the more reputable brands. The one thing I can't get out of my head was a reviewer that while loved it called it the Camel Jokey Glocky. :D

4. Mark G.

Mark G. New Member

Have not shot the F but have a C with Quick Sights & it is great to shoot. Very similar to Glock 19 but better in my opinion. Trigger is crisper, little thinner in width, lighter recoil & grip has better ergonomics. Good luck!

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I have both and prefer my C over the F. The C just fits my hands so much better and I shoot it better.

6. okie67

okie67 Member

I prefer the C as well its almost the perfect handgun.

7. Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight New Member

Have both. I prefer the C. Its slightly more accurate and more versatile, due to its size. No real difference in recoil between the 2 that i can tell.

8. accgds

accgds New Member

I prefer the C. The only thing I am currently contemplating, is adding a set of Talon grips, to flesh out the grip slightly. Other then that, it fits, shoots, and makes me happy. Everytime someone sees you at the range and you let them fire a mag thru it. The trigger is simply amazing!

9. Kristof Nagy

Kristof Nagy New Member

I started to carry a full size F four weeks ago. I must admit that I'm used to full size service pistols as a concealed carry weapon. I also see the point some folks have when they carry a big gun in a warmer environment but I carried a full size Taurus 24/7 in South America for months. Find a proper off body solution and you will be good to go. I love my Maxpedition Jumbo. It will accept every service pistol and I never had an issue. It is also a lot more comfortable when you spend a lot of time in a vehicle. For me the F works perfectly. The longer line of sight will enable me to engage targets beyond 50 yards and more ammo in the gun means more time in the fight.

Just my 2 cents

10. DCB

DCB New Member

I have not shot the F but when I bought my C I tried all the Caracal's they had (6). The C's had a better trigger than the F's. Not sure why but they just did. Better break and clearer reset.

Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Peace

11. Series80

Series80 New Member

Well I do love the feel of the C and how it shoot , I would say its the ultimate concealed cary gun , but after handling Okie67's F I have to say that and F is in my future , that thing really feels good I can see that being a duty gun here real soon ! If you like the G17 you'll love the F , it feels better and if it shoots like the C it will be dream!

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Might as well just buy both and then when the SC come around get that too. I do hope SC is really lighter than they advertize.

13. WizZmo

WizZmo New Member

I've owned the F QS now for about 2 weeks, and have put 300 rounds through it. It fits the hand nicely, and conceals with no problem. Actually I'm loving the heck out of it.

14. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Nice. :cool: Welcome to the forum WizZmo!