Caracal F Markings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Predecessor, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Hey Caracal F owners, thought I'd check in with you since I can't get Caracal-USA to take interest in answering questions :x

One of the first things I noticed about the F model that is different than the C is the small "citadel" marking and number sequence on the right side of the slide... (Not sure what to call it - could be a castle, tower, keep, or fortress as well :geek: )

Here's what it looks like..

[​IMG]

None of the C's that I've seen imported have this marking and my Caracal F QS also does not have this marking as shown below:

[​IMG]

Of course I'm curious what the marking is, what the number sequence after relates to (it is not part of the serial number) and if the new imports (when and if they arrive) will have those markings. My guess is that the new ones will not have the markings since the Caracal F QS pistols arrived after (and have later serial numbers than) these first F SS pistols first made it into the States.

Do any of you F SS owners NOT have this marking on the slide? Do any of you F QS owners HAVE this marking on the slide? Any C owners with the marking?

Just curious :ugeek:

2. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Not sure, but it could some kind of proof do to the SS F being built and issued to the UAE military. Also there was a change in the slide stops as well somewhere down the road. The first ones just about stuck straight out and were kinda sharp, where the newer ones are rolled over similar to the glock. Another difference between the C and F is trigger guard size.

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Same markings and straight slide stop on my F. Really hope I can buy a newer slide stop soon.

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Both my F and C Quicksight have the rolled slide stop where as my standard F has the sharp slide stop.My SS F has the marking but the other QS models do not.
    Was watching a video on Youtube lastnight and it showed the left side of a Caracal pistol with the DE markings,so I guess some are made in Germany.

5. Firewire

Firewire New Member

SS C here and no castle. :geek:

6. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

You're right okie they are making some in Germany and have been for a little over a year or so Caracal GmbH subsidiary of Merkle GmbH. Both owned by Caracal International.

7. okie67

okie67 Member

Yeah it would be nice to own one made in Germany! :D

8. thejosed

thejosed New Member

I own a C QS and have no "castle" marks on the side. It does not have to be a mark to differ the SS from QS??? just guessing.

9. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

I am good friends with the CEO of Steyr Arms, Inc located here in my hometown. I know that he just shipped a ton out all over the US. I will ask what all the different markings mean, and where his stock was made. I know that they will have "SAI Inc Trussville, AL" on the bottom of the Trigger Guard just like the roll mark on the side of the latest Steyr.

10. okie67

okie67 Member

Next time you see him ask if parts are available yet? I know a few of us here would like to know.. :)

11. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

I'll shoot him a text in the morning, and let you all know what he says. I'm curious myself, since I'll be picking up my new F tomorrow.

12. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Whoa! Check this slide out! Notice anything different? Hallmarks, sure. Anything else???? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Serrations on the front of the slide!!! Oh how I wish my C had that!

13. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

German made :mrgreen:

14. okie67

okie67 Member

I would like a own a German made one... :lol:

15. Firewire

Firewire New Member

This is the only picture I've seen with front slide serrations!!!

16. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I wonder if all the German made Caracal's have them or if they were just a special order for a law enforcement agency.