Caracal C

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stmcelroy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Well finally gave in and ordered myself a Caracal C to go alongside my Caracal F.

Bought a M&P 9mm this week too, looks like i'm going to have to buy some more 9mm ammo.

Will be comparing:

Glock 17
    S&W M&P
    Caracal F
    Caracal C
    Glock 19Gen4

I'll be building myself another kydex holster for the C probably Urban Camo. :mrgreen:

2. Firewire

Firewire New Member

You are amassing a nice comparison collection!

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Now I just need a FN FNS and Walther PPQ.... :D

4. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Congrats on the C

You and I have some of the same tastes

I have a Caracal C & F, PPQ, and Gen4 G19. All good, but for now it has been the C that is going to the IDPA matches.

If you get a FNS, that's the review I will really be looking for...

5. okie67

okie67 Member

Good looking collection of 9mm you have there.Yeah I checked out the FN FNS at my local dealer,looks like a very nice handgun the price was close to $600.I sure enjoy my PPQ its been a fantastic shooter.
    Let us know if you pick up the FN ,would like to know how it shoots.Picked up my Caracal F quicksight from my FFL lastnight ,hoping the weather holds out this weekend to go shooting.

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Unless I sell a kidney or win the lottery(better buy a ticket ;) ) the FNS and PPQ will probably have to wait a few months.

The Caracal C will be at my dealer on Monday, probably pick it up Tuesday so they don't have to do the dang multiple gun purchase form. Went 6 months last year without buying a gun and now in the last month have bought 4 of them, but have also sold off a few.

I'll get a group picture next week when the C gets here. :mrgreen:

7. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Looking forward to your comparison thoughts!

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

So far I really prefer the trigger on the Caracal to either the Glock or M&P. The Glock and M&P trigger pull and take up are pretty much on par with each other, but the Glocks reset is miles ahead of the M&P.

The Caracal's trigger almost zero take up, decent trigger break and very nice audible reset.

My Caracal F shoots high for me and my Glock shoots left, I anticipate the M&P shooting right based on dry firing. I've only been shooting S&B 115gr FMJ through the Caracal, hoping that some heavier bullets impact lower.

9. Zeff

Zeff New Member

Will you do any trigger mods (Apex DCAEK for the M&P or '-' connector on the Glock) for comparison tests?

10. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Yes.

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Wow! I have finally found THE gun that fits my hands correctly..... :mrgreen:

Why did I not buy a Caracal C sooner, love it more than my F.

Bye bye Glock 19...... :shock:

Quick crappy cell phone pic, will get some better ones when the sun comes out in July..... :x

[​IMG]

12. okie67

okie67 Member

Yeah those C models are nice,grats on your purchase. :D

13. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

stmcelroy--

Congrats on the'C' !! I got the 'C' first. Now that I have a 'F' model I definitely understand what you're saying. The 'F' is nice, but my 'C' fits my hand much better.

So...is the g19 REALLY going Bye Bye?

I have a Gen4 G19 that has been flawless, and with no backstrap added feels ALMOST as good as the Caracals.

14. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I've got a Glock 17 EXO and a 21SF that I really like and both are setup for use with my Silencerco Osprey suppressor, the 19Gen4 was supposed to be my CCW weapon.

Well most of the time I pocket carry either my Diamondback 9mm or my S&W 340PD, the time I do belt carry I tend to go OWB with my Glock 17. The 19 doesn't get carried or shot that much, and I'd almost rather spend the money on another gun that I want to try like a Walther PPQ, PPS or something else.

The only thing holding me back from getting rid of it are the 20+ 15rd magazines that I own for it.

I could easily see the C taking the 17's place on my hip, since it is considerably smaller and the grip completely fills my hands.

I'll make my decision after shooting the C a bit over the next week or two.

15. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

16. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Same here. Originally, I was just going to stick with the two C's that I have but I just picked up an F QS because of the rare factor. Don't know if I'm going to shoot it much if at all. I've spent plenty of time with the SS F on the range and still much prefer the C.

17. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

My 'C' is the standard sight model. I will be shooting it again this Saturday in an IDPA match. The feel of the 'C' in MY hand just can't be beat. Like I said my Gen4 G19 with no backstrap does come close. But I'm shooting the 'C' a little better than the Glock, at least right now.

18. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Finally got out to shoot my C today. Took it along with the F, new M&P FS 9mm, Glock 17 and 21SF.

After putting a couple of magazines through each I was not at all surprised that the C shot the best group out of all of them at 15 yards. I shoot the C just slight high and left, the F just a tad higher. Then again I shoot all of my guns left, I need to work on my technique more and shoot more often.

At this point I'm really impressed by how well the Caracals shoot, first time in my hand and i'm out shooting guns that I've had for years.

Seriously considering only shooting the Caracal C or the C & F exclusively for a while.

19. okie67

okie67 Member

Im addicted as well,been going to range about every other weekend.Looks like I need to order more 9mm :D

20. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Bought another case of S&B 115gr FMJ on Saturday, great ammo for $210.

One thing my Caracal C does not like is American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo it shot all over the target. Ruined my target with a really good grouping from the 115gr.