Caracal C Holster From Cleveland Holsters

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by plouffedaddy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

[​IMG]

As many of you know; I won this holster in the raffle Cleveland Holsters gave away here a while back. Here's a quick run down of the pros/cons Cleveland Holsters tuckable hybrid holster.

Pros:
    -1 piece horsehide is the standard backing.
    -Kydex extends past the belt line allowing for easier one handed reholstering
    -Black oxide coated screws/clips
    -All steel belt clips
    -Two 'cuts' available. The model above is the 'cut' version. It's still very comfortable...
    -Comes with loctite for securing the screws after setting up the holster as you want to.
    -US made

Cons:
    -Cost. These holsters are on the higher end of the hybrid holster spectrum. That said, they are as good if not better than others on the market and many of the 'upgrades' from other holster makers are standard here so it's certainly a cost/value issue there.

Here's a quick video review so you can see how it wears and get a few more angles of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsDlaNtefPw&feature=g-upl

2. Mark G.

Mark G. New Member

Thanks for your review. How is the retention, especially with the cut out? Thanks.

3. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

The retention is somewhat dependent on how tight your torque down the screws. In the video you can see the backing of the holster looks somewhat wavy because I torqued mine as tight as can be for retention reasons---still very easy to draw however.

I don't think the cut impacts retention either way.