Caracal C and F Holsters

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by yvan_diaz, Oct 13, 2011.

1. yvan_diaz

yvan_diaz New Member

Hello guys, do you know wich holsters fit perfectly? A friend of mine told me that G17 holsters fit perfectly, what do you think? I need the holster to practice IDPA.

Thank you in advance.

2. tntlehi

tntlehi New Member

I have not found a perfect fit. Nothing to do with fit but have found leather will teporarily discolor the bluing ( just needs wiping). My synthetic holster does not affect the finish.

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm New Member

Blade-Tech makes a Caracal specific holster. I have a Blade-Tech DOH for my C, fits perfectly. Same on fits F.

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Thanks MrVvroomm - and welcome to the forum!

Here's a url to the holster: http://www.blade-tech.com/RH-WRS-DUTY-HOLSTER-DOH-3-LOOP-pr-1054.html

Say's it's made for the Caracal F but your Caracal C fits the holster as well then?

5. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm New Member

Fits my C model like it was made for it (it was).

6. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Ghost International holster made an holster that fit the C and the glock 19
    i live few miles far from the factory here in italy and i bought it directly.

the holster i use now, a serpa, was made for a F model. i modified it and i use it with the C.

7. xelaboy

xelaboy New Member

Does anyone CC their Caracal? If so what holster are you using for this purpose? I want to be able to take mine everywhere with me, I just don't want anyone to know I have it.

Edit: I have the Caracal C if that makes any difference.

8. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

I carry my quicksight C quite a bit. I use one of my Pancake II models, it seems to work best for me. by the way good choice on the Caracal I have four of them they're a great gun.

9. reddirt

reddirt New Member

I haven't carried my C yet, good to know there are holsters available. I have the standard and a quicksight model.

10. xelaboy

xelaboy New Member

Which model do you prefer?

11. ddleatherworks

I don't have any standard sight models I have shot a couple of them, and I seem to prefer the quicksights.

12. AK47

AK47 New Member

Nice info! At what maximum distance have you used your Q.S Sir, and how did you find the groupings, any issues at longer distances, with respect to sighting in, any greater deviation between POA and POI?

Regards. :)

13. ddleatherworks

In my hands 15-20 yds is about as far away as I can go and keep my rapid fire center mass (8"-12") on a man size silhouette with the QS C. I do have a detective friend who can engage the same silhouette pretty consistantly at 50 yds with both the QS C and the QS F. Within 25 yds I can't really tell any difference between the C or the F thats why I prefer my C. Slow fire they are both fairly accurate out to 50 yds using the man size silhouette. As far as slow fire groups I havent really sat down fired any of the ones I have for bench accuracy, but one things for sure the quicksight in my opinion is the fastest combat or defense sight setup I've ever used.

14. AK47

AK47 New Member

Thank you, that's pretty impressive. I am also of the belief that the Q.S is a combat/SD carry handgun, the accuracy potential of which should not be judged from slow, deliberate fires on traditional range sized targets, but rather by the quicker successive shots on man sized silhouettes, with focus on shots landing center mass and from the more common of SD distances.

I myself - not being an experienced shooter as such - was impressed by it's potential, with respect to this sighting set-up and did two such strings during my range visit recently, one semi-rapid, one full rapid, means 15 shots out in 4.5 seconds, and found that the sighting set-up helped me pretty much in keeping the gun rightly pointed, and the threat would have been eliminated quite a few times!

Waiting for a review section here, to which I could transfer my detailed range report. I am sure, your good self must have checked it at Steyrclub.

Regards. :)

15. reddirt

reddirt New Member

I haven't shot the Quick sight model enough to see for sure but if I had to say I prefer the quick sights. My brain tricks me with the dual dot figure 8 whatever sights.

16. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

I have found that the holsters for full sized glocks work with my C QS well, I am using the plastic glock combat holster made for my g21 for my C, and my horsehide holster made for my g22 holds the C QS as well, if you have glocks try your Caracal in those holsters