Caracal as used in competition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theaccountant, Oct 8, 2012.

1. theaccountant

theaccountant New Member

Videos of JJ Racaza shooting his Caracal in competition popped up on my facebook page from Caracal USA. For the price of the gun, and with all of the positive comments you guys make about the gun here on this board (and other boards,) it's inevitable that I'm going to have to buy one.

Does anyone know if the Caracal F that JJ Racaza is using is a pretty much stock factory pistol? I know upgrade parts aren't really available for the gun (even sights!) but I figured it might be possible for someone to have extensively worked over his gun...

And to extend the question - for you guys running the Caracal in USPSA/IPSC, are you running factory stock pistols?

2. DCB

DCB New Member

His gun "may" have a trigger job on it..not sure. Maybe a different front sight, but really its ready to run out of the box.

I use mine in IDPA and USPSA.

Peace

ps...I use the C model.

3. theaccountant

theaccountant New Member

Thanks for the reply - I actually emailed JJ Racaza and he responded, which was really cool. Said he's shooting a pretty much out of the box Caracal with his own sights on it. That's awesome, I'm going to go ahead and order one and then have a gunsmith get a fiber optic front on it.