BT guide rod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by okie67, Feb 6, 2012.

1. okie67

okie67 Member

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Nice, wish he had recoil spring as I would prefer to just order the whole thing.

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Yeah I hope to find some springs someday.

4. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Sorry for the stupid question, im not an expert,
    But why this rod is better than the original in plastic ?

5. okie67

okie67 Member

Dont know if its any better but some plastic guides can flex,another member on here had his break.Either way I still think using the plastic one will be fine.The stainless one that BT makes should last the life of the pistol.Alot of different pistol manufactures use stainless guide rod assembleys and most of what I own use one.

6. okie67

okie67 Member

My guide rod for my Caracal C from BT Guide Rods came in this week,another great job by Bill !

[​IMG]

7. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Nice.

Did you have to send your recoil spring in or does he have some that work?

8. okie67

okie67 Member

I send mine in and he puts it on the 2 piece guide rod assembly and no I dont think he has the stock guide rod spring.But hopefully Caracal will import some parts this year and we will be able to buy replacements.

9. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Gotcha. I'm going to have to think about it, never changed out the guide rods on any of my guns yet.

10. okie67

okie67 Member

I havent changed out any springs on my guns either,dont think I will put that many rounds through each one to wear one out.I got like over 4k rds through my Ruger SR9 and it still runs great.

11. Series80

Series80 New Member

Well Ill be getting one for sure , the plastic guiderod on my C broke the tip off it , I suppose I can still fire it but it wont be as safe , nope Ill be getting the SS and I dont care if he has the sring or not ,Ill break the rod and use my spring , (howdy Broken Arrow >>NE Oklahoma here)

12. Skins45

Skins45 New Member

Could someone with a F Model do me a favor and weigh the new guide rod? I'm worried I'll be over weight for uspsa production class (+/- 2oz)

13. Series80

Series80 New Member

Got my guide rod back from Bill yesterday and I have to admit , this is how Caracal should have done it in the first place , it actually makes the pistol look more professionally built! It doesnt have that "cheap factor" look like the cheap guidrod they give you , and since the price is only $32 , would it really make a big difference for people to buy it? I dont think so, we'll be testing it out today , if goes well the Glock 22 will be getting one as well!