AUG's and Other Bullpups

Discussion in '16+' started by gun.fm, Mar 7, 2012.

1. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

MSAR - STG-556 Gen.4 in Multicam
    [​IMG]

Steyr - AUG A1/SA
    [​IMG]

I really liked the MSAR when at first but I've lost a lot of knuckle skin due to the placement of the set screws (for the optics mount bolts) and the charging handle being so "floppy". I don't dislike it but it is overshadowed by the Steyr's much more polished-feeling bolt and more comfortable charging handle. Aside from that I prefer the Steyr's optic height for rapid sight picture but I like the bolt-catch on the MSAR. The MSAR also has QD sling attachment points which are a nice feature.

I'm interested in finding a MSAR - E4 in 5.45x39mm (preferably in a tan stock)

FN - FS2000
    [​IMG]
    For comparison.

I'll post some other bullpups later. Feel free to post your own photos or to ask questions.

2. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Very nice! I honestly don't know much about them other than I have always found they look very exotic!

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Nice.

Here's my MSAR E4 that's had a few upgrades done to it. Replaced the forward grip with a 20/20 Rail and LaRue FUG vertical grip along with a Fenix TK11 flash light. Replaced the charge handle with a Manticore. Optic is a Vortex PST 1-4 mounted in a Warne RAMP mount, the only mount that I've found so far that has the nuts/levers on the right side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Some of the Trijicon factory mounts for ACOGS's can be switched to the other side. I see this as an important improvement for the SCAR and ACR if you leave the charging handle on the left side.

5. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

We added a video showing the disassembly, another video will be up shortly showing the bolt carrier and gas system disassembly, as well as the differences between the Steyr and MSAR in this area. Another video exists for the MSAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3IlPzYtNkU&feature=plcp