All of a sudden .......Recall and now the guns are all bad ,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Series80, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Series80

Series80 New Member

Caracal comes out with a recall and all of a sudden theres this alarm and everyone has all these problems with the gun , must be the new generation of people. I can see if this recall was something along the lines of "you shoot the gun ,it will explode in your face" , but thats not the case , not only that but if you've read this forum or the Steyr forums you'll notice nothing but positive comments and reviews about the F and C pistols ! Truthfully , how often would this malfunction actually happen in the real world . Ok a guy on this forum did it , and Caracal might have seen a few more case happen , goo for them for trying to rectify it , however , I have never dropped a loaded firearm in my life and Ive had lots of them (firearms ) , Im not saying it couldnt happen ,but Im saying it never has . I am not too worried about this recal , I own an Indian motorcycle too and it had several recalls of which I never got fixed and the bike still runs great! Look if the company says its a bad thing and you guys are so adamnet on getting the fix , go for it and for those of you want to get a refund (and the company has offered them ) great go get it , but quit badmouthing the brand !

This is an outstanding pistol of which I plan on buying the F as well and if they to a 40 or 45 or 357 sig Ill get them as well recall or no recall! I can honestly tell you that I would trust this weapon with my life ,just as I would with my 1911 or glock 22 , but y'all do what want!

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Re: All of a sudden .......Recall and now the guns are all b

My only problem is if you have a recall,, firearms start going in for to be fixed and returned. Not here , everone is on hurry up and wait mode, have to wait,,,,, and wonder how long befor they will accept our pistols back to fix if we send them in. Just what are they going to fix. Our import company seems know nothing except one day they will send a box. One day. It would be nice to know a bit more about the real problem?? In the mentime I will shoot it and carry it and go only with life. I still own a remmy rifle that never made it back for a fix in the 70's. Didn't know about it for 30 years. And who knows on some others makes and models i have .

3. livewire

livewire New Member

the main issue about the recall is the trigger system that it might go off when dropped particularly chamber loaded. since everyone's in a rush to send their caracal back to the factory that would really take time before everyone gets their unit back am i right? caracal never gave a deadline as to when you should return your defective units covering the starting serial letter they official released thru their official webpage. my suggestion is just enjoy the gun and go plinking just be extra careful not to drop it. other than that i dont foresee any other problems right? and wait for about six months after this frenzy recall, then send ur gun back and have it checked. am pretty sure the traffic would be lesser and guns would be fixed faster than now.

just my two cents.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

I will send it back one day, maybe . Just seems like info between caracal and our importer is lax. They are takeing info for sending in but not really sending out box's yet. Basicaly I hate dealing with importers on a learning curve. Reminds me to much of eaa in there earlier days. Lots of bs , no action. ha

5. jhb

jhb New Member

eaa, has it changed? those guys are a nightmare to deal with, from what i hear. i never owned one of their imports on purpose cause all i hear is all bad. they are about local to me, heck not that long a drive away.......and even folks around here say stay away. have things changed over there? have they finally figured out how to run a business and get repairs done properly and do it with a smile and good attitude? thanks for the info.....

plus i wish they would stop using their, i assume, wives (heather and the other one)in their ads......it's just sad and pathetic advertising, imho.

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

From what I have heard yes there are better. Maybe they hired a real smithy . haha I had a elit match for play . Dam that was an accurate pistol but to heavy for my wife to even shoot well and when I needed to stop running and gunning around I sold it. Mine never had any issues . With 6 mags for it I had to tune on a couple of them but thats all. But some guys pistols like with some other "tighter pistols" have a problems, they just lost it and go into a rant about it and send them in and get all noisy to the QC people and most of use figured the eaa's owner/smithy could only change parts not tune or fix anything so he got a little flustered too. So ya they had some problems. Loved that pistols too.

Some times that "smile" goes away with the dick heads on the other end of the phone. ha

Some people are to stupid to own anything mechanical!!