A Modern Colt for Modern Marines

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by Predecessor, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

2. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Uggggggh!.........is there a 3rd option. Well it could be worse, they could've gone with the M&P. I'll take the 45 colt.

3. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Holy John Moses Browning! That is simply shocking. Incredible!

4. jaybee

jaybee New Member

I love me a 1911 but in answer to the "what if" portion of your post... (Since ammo commonality seems to not have been a factor in the Marines decision) If my rifle ran dry I would like a Browning Hi Power in the flat shooting bottle necked. 357 sig. This would rock by virtue of bottleneck cartridges reliable feeding, low recoil by comparison, additional capacity and it would still be a classic Browning design.

5. bulm540

bulm540 New Member

it did crack the slide and frame after 12,00o rounds

6. Mongo

Mongo New Member

I would not trade my Browning Hi Power for nothing. One of the best operating wepons I have ever owned.

7. jhb

jhb New Member

^ this.

Hi power with mecgar 15 round mag over the beretta anyday for me. I shoot better with it, its more accurate, and its a proven design that few pistols can match, imho. In my mind the hi power was jmb answer to a double stacked 1911 and a few other improvements. To me the hi power is seriously over looked by many.

On the colt. Love mine best shooting .45 I've owned to date. Some special forces have been using it all his time. So its re-entry into military service isn't exactly new. This version yep, but not the 1911 platform.

I don't know if the 1911 lack of capacity is a deal killer, for me. I expect if I were a soldier my secondary weapon would only be needed to get to the closest rifle. I'm not a soldier though, so I don't really know.

8. Series80

Series80 New Member

Looks a little like the Sig Scorpian! Wonder how it handles?

9. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

I want one really bad.